Estate sales take place when a family is moving out of their present home and willing to sell off most of their assets. The reason for selling may be because of a number of reasons, death in the family, bankruptcy or moving across the country.
Estate sales are like tag sales but mostly on a larger scale. You may think that these sales only sell off used second-hand stuff which has no real value but think again, among the assets that are being sold off, you will find valuable stuff like jewelry, expensive furniture, artwork and even valuable antiques. Estate sales are an excellent opportunity to bargain hunt and get major results in the process.
If you happen to be around Michigan and are looking out for some excellent estate sales to go to, then visit estate sales in Michigan.
Here’s how you can find estate sales near you:
- Look in the classified section of newspapers, mostly estate sales start off on Fridays so you can start scouring on Thursdays to find out where the nearest sale is going to take place.
- Check Craigslist to find out about more listings in your area that may not be listed in print. This is a great place where sales can turn up without being run by pros.
- Check out estatesale.net to see if there any sales you may have missed out on, they are national sites and will help you narrow down your search by zip code or area.
- When you visit an estate sale ask for their email address, as they may keep you updated on any upcoming sales through brochures or e- pamphlets.
Tips for a newbie:
- Do your research, if you are new to estate sales you should go to reputable companies because they will sell items that are of good quality for a fair price, in order to gain a loyal customer following. Don’t be attracted to high profile companies because they will only intimidate you into buying ridiculously expensive stuff.
- The best stuff is usually sold off in the first half of the day, so get there early. But if you want to avoid the crowds and feel less frazzled then it is suggested to visit the sale in the latter half of the day.
- All sales are final.
- Don’t forget to visit attics and basements where you may come across beautiful antiques, also remember to check out the rugs, curtains, and blinds and ask if they are on sale.
Estate sales are a fabulous way of selling off material wealth from someone who no longer wants it to somebody who will appreciate it, and they work out quite efficiently and effectively. For more information on estate sales in and around Michigan, you may visit estate sales in Michigan.